Gardenstate Towing are experts in towing all types of vehicles – boats, caravans, cars, trailers – you name it and we can tow it. In fact, there’s no situation where we’ve been unable to tow a vehicle for you. We pride ourselves in being able to help fellow Melburnians out of sticky situations.
Of course, with summer approaching, people are taking to the roads with caravans, boats, and camping trailers to make the most of the sunshine. Sometimes, things don’t go according to plan. If you’re in a difficult situation or you’re facing a mechanical issue while on holiday – don’t worry – our professional tow truck drivers are on-call 24/7 for emergency towing.
Towing Tips for Safe Towing
If you’re preparing for your holiday trip, then you should keep these towing tips in mind when securing your boat, caravan or trailer to your vehicle.
- Check that your coupling is properly connected
- Make sure your safety chains and break-away wire are secure
- Is the trailer plug plugged in?
- Turn off any gas cylinders
- Release the handbrake
- Is everything battened down?
- Check your tyre pressure
- Keep an eye out for poles and road signs to avoid side-swiping
- Before reversing – check the surrounding area. In the case of a caravan or boat check that there aren’t any low hanging branches
- Reverse slowly – get out to check the area if you have to or pull forward and start again if it’s not going according to plan
- Don’t exceed the maximum speed limit for towing – 100km/h
- Keep a greater following distance
- Go wide on corners (turn slightly later on a roundabout to keep the towed vehicle in the lane longer)
- Slow down if there are high wind warnings
Gardenstate Towing Services
If you have gotten into trouble with your towed vehicle, we’ll help. We keep all our trucks and equipment in prime condition, so your vehicles can get to and from places safely and securely. We have tilt-slide tray and wheel-lift trucks. If you need us – don’t hesitate to call.