Parents always do their best to protect their children from any danger that may come upon them. But again, in all circumstances, we are all human, and even the perfect parents sometimes do make mistakes that may become fatal.
Sometimes it may be the car’s fault whereby it locks itself, and then the kids are also locked inside. This is when Emergency towing is required. You should always prepare in the case of these events because you never know when or where this can happen to you.
In case your child gets locked in the car, this is what you should do.
Call the police
In the instance that this happens, the first thing you should do is call the police and explain what happened. And a request for an ambulance in case the child is in distress. The police may recommend emergency towing if you are in no capacity to drive after the incident.
When the car has locked, the temperatures inside tend to increase at a higher rate, thus becoming warmer by the minute. The temperatures can increase to dangerous and even deadly levels for children.
Always remain calm
Being calm helps ensure that your judgment is not clouded and makes sure you do not make rash decisions. It is also best to ensure that your child is calm.
Tips for Preventing Leaving Your Kids In The Car
Public condemnation is on the rise, and parents always swear they would never forget their children in cars, but according to statistics, over 5000 children are a left unattended in cars every year in Australia * (sited www.kidssafevic.com.au).
So what are parents supposed to do to ensure this doesn’t happen?
- One thing that one should do is place something of importance at the back seat or near the baby such as your handbag that they need to pick up before getting out, thus remembering.
- Have a call-in system to confirm if the baby has arrived at the daycare center, caregiver.
- Prior to putting children in the car, wind your windows down in case the car automatically locks.
- Make sure you do a quick check to ensure you have your keys with you before leaving the car
- Know how your vehicles central locking system works
- Save emergency contact numbers on phone for Roadside Assistance or Emergency Towing just in case this were to happen
These incidents may happen to anyone, and at any point, all you have to do is be careful and put measures to ensure you never forget your baby in the car. Never be sure of anything because one can be busy at any moment and forget to do something of importance.
If you do however find yourself in this situation where your child is locked in the car, you can give Gardenstate Towing a call to help with roadside assistance and getting car towed.
Give us a call today: 03 9429 1234